Tuesday, January 8, 2013

sick kids, trips, and missing school.

Harper is feeling better. She made a super quick recovery. Yay for a good immune system and antibiotics!

After Harper got well, Hayden got sick. I took him to the doctor and he was diagnosed with "a virus". He ended up missing school yesterday. Poor thing. He literally just slept or lounged on the couch or living room floor for 2 days. No other symptoms really. He was just really tired and pale. He also ran a fever some of the time.

This Friday we are flying to Orlando to go to Disney World. We will be there for 10 days. Ten days!!! Oh my. It's going to be fun, but it's also a long trip. We are going with my parents and my sister, her husband, and their son, Kennedy. That's a lot of family time! I hope I enjoy all this family love and extended time away from home. We shall see. In general, I am an anxious traveler. I like to stick to my home-base and I like my routine. When I don't have it, I don't do very well. All that to say, I am optimistic about our trip - but also a little apprehensive.

Hayden is going to be missing 6 days of school for this trip. He missed school yesterday because he was sick. We talked with the school today and per semester, they are allowed to miss 12 days of school. We had planned on going to Nashville in March for the SEC Basketball Tournament, but now we are seriously considering not going. If we went, that would bring his total number of school days missed to 10. He could then only miss 2 days due to sickness. I think that's a little risky. I don't know what would happen if he missed more than 12. Would he get held back from Kindergarten?! I just don't know and I don't want to chance it.

So that is what is going on in my neck of the woods and what is on my mind lately. 

Good times people, good times!

1 comment:

  1. Dylan ran a fever all weekend. Took him in thinking it was an ear infection. Nope. Just a virus. :( I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete