Monday, January 21, 2013

disney trip 2013.

We are back from our Disney trip. And wow - it was definitely a trip!!!

Overall, it was an amazing, fabulous adventure. There were challenging moments (for sure), but in the end it was definitely worth the experience. 

My highlights were seeing the joy and happiness on the kids' faces. It was magical - cheesy, I know. Watching Hayden ride Soarin' at Epcot and watching how proud of himself he was when he went down the water slide at our hotel - those moments are priceless. His favorite things seemed to be going swimming (and down the slide) and playing at the "free play" playground areas at the Parks. Harper was most enthralled with the animals (including the squirrels and birds that roamed freely everywhere) and she also enjoyed the playgrounds at the Parks.

It was also really great just spending time with my family and seeing all the cousins playing together and enjoying one another.

I was able to ride the roller coasters - which was awesome. In addition, Randy and I had a great dinner the night before we left (without the kids).

Suffice it to say, we definitely rocked Disney World. Although we also decided it's best to wait at least 3 years before we return. The"littles" (meaning Harper and Kennedy - my sister's little boy) need to be a little older. They were one of the most challenging components of the trip - in my opinion. Compounding that is the fact that the younger children have much different needs than Hayden who is almost 6. Trying to balance all those desires and limitations wasn't easy!

But like I said, aside from a REALLY tough day at the Magic Kingdom - the trip was relatively happy and pleasant. 

Following are a TON of pictures - and these are just a sampling of my favorites. Disney is full of "Kodak moments".
at the Hoop-Dee-Doo Review. We went to this awesome show with my friends Sara and  Beau. It was super amusing!







I am wearing Harper's tiara. It is made with real crystals.









We went bowling at Downtown Disney - this was another highlight of the trip. Super cool bowling alley!!!

about to ride Soarin' at Epcot


LOVE this picture. How beautiful are my two sweet kiddos?

making wishes.






sacked out at the Luau.



Oh and then there is this:

The picture is of Harper's upper thigh. 

Remember right before we left how I posted about Harper having a rash? Well, I had taken her to the doctor the day before we left and he said that her rash was just a "viral rash" and not a problem. He said that she was good to travel. And he was right; however, I did not expect for her rash to get worse. And it did. It got a lot worse. 

The rash spread to her hands and feet and even her face (although it wasn't as bad on her face as it was on her legs and torso). The rash was impressive and not very cute - to say the least. I was worried it was going to scare people. It was like the above-picture Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and finally got better (very quickly) Monday. The rash never bothered her, but it was definitely an added element of "fun" to our trip!

2 comments:

  1. You survived! Yay! Glad you guys had fun...and glad you are back. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet kiddos you have! Dave and I can't wait to take Jade to Disney World one day. I haven't been since I was six!

    Oh, and I think Jade had that same red & white bathing suit as Harper last year. Zulily? I'm addicted to buying baby clothes. :)

    ReplyDelete