Thursday, November 1, 2012

halloween 2012.

Yesterday was Halloween. We had a great time. Super fabulous. We probably had about 500 trick or treaters. We got our first trick or treater at around 5:45pm and we finally shut off our lights at 8:15pm. I'm not sure how much candy we gave out, but it was a lot! 

We were joined for our Halloween "party" by my parents, Randy's mom and aunt, as well as our good friends Don, Leslie, and Jack Nix. 

We had soup and bread - and wine. The kids had corn dogs - and candy. Lots of candy. 

Hayden's favorite moments of Halloween were giving out candy and going over to his friend's house and spending time with her at her family's Halloween gathering. His friend/classmate, Exie Claire, lives right across the street from us and her family was having a lovely gathering with their friends and family. Hayden, Jack and I crashed their party and hung out with them for about 15 minutes - Jack even got a slice of pizza out of it!

All in all, it was a fantastic night!!!

Following are the pictures I took documenting Halloween. 

This first set is actually from the day before Halloween. Being that Halloween is so frenetic, I decided to do some pre-Halloween pictures - dressing the kids up on October 30th and getting some fabulous pictures of them in their costumes.
Harper is a "punk rock princess" - I made it up. (I did not make the costume though - I ordered it on Etsy.)







i LOVE this picture.

Hayden is an elf - in case that wasn't obvious.



The following pictures are from last night - Halloween.
the kiddos - Jack Nix, Harper, and Hayden





the scene


check out the crowd - pretty impressive.







i am a big fan of this picture.



the boys!

5 comments:

  1. Adorable costumes. Looks like a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I cannot believe you had so many trick-or-treaters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the pictures! Hayden and Harper look very cute. And I can't believe you had so many trick-or-treaters!! WOW. I do miss that about living in NWA. It is more of a community, more walker-friendly for the kiddos. We had 30-40, maybe? But we had a blast with the few that we had. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that we live at the very end of a quiet cul de sac, and kids just don't go all the way down. But we try to make it really fun for those that come :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kids are so stinkin' cute! I would love to find an elf costume for my Mason for Christmas. Every year [well, last year and this one], I have said that I want to dress Mason up as an elf for Christmas. Such a good costume idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of doing a pre Halloween photo shoot. Smart thinking.

    Glad you all had a fun Halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete