Wednesday, June 30, 2010
I just think it's a super cute picture. Good memories.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
I just haven’t felt motivated to write/blog. I’ve been busy, I’ve been out of town, and quite frankly I just want to relax and not do much of anything. How awful is that?
Or maybe it’s not awful and I am just being too hard on myself.
Either way, I apologize for my absence. Hopefully, I will get some blog inspiration soon and be motivated to write.
Until then, know that I am fine and well – just a little unmotivated.
Note: I do have a “cute” post scheduled for tomorrow that features an adorable “old” picture of me and my sister – so hopefully y’all will enjoy that.
Friday, June 25, 2010
- I was finally able to make an appointment with the therapist – it’s going to be next Thursday (July 1st). I am excited! Which may sound a little odd, but to me this appointment and therapeutic relationship signify hope and progression – two things I am eager to embrace.
- Hayden and I have started a new routine of singing the ‘Sid the Science Kid’ song “I Love my Mom!” on the way to school in the morning – what can I say, “We rock.” (Sometimes Hayden will just sing the song during the day for no real reason – very cute stuff - makes my super happy.)
- I went out to dinner with some great girl friends last Saturday for girls’ night. We do this every other month or so – and we always have a wonderful time. Last Saturday was no exception.
- After taking a bath and washing Hayden's hair last night, we asked him if he wanted us to dry his hair or if he would rather just let it air dry. Hayden's response: I want to dry my hair so my hair will look pretty - I want it to look pretty for school tomorrow. I can't make this stuff up people - it's just too perfect.
- The bracelet I ordered from Keely at MannLand5’s Etsy shop KeelyChristine arrived yesterday. It’s SO pretty – and I wore it last night to a 'Peace at Home' Board meeting. Check me out… I’m already getting good use out if it!
My thanks again to 'The Girl' and her meme. 'Feel Good Friday' is a great way to end the week!
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Notice anything "off" about this picture?
Let's zoom out a bit. Do you see it now?His underwear is on backwards. Can you tell now by looking at what should be the front?It is not an accident that they are on backwards. It is a purposeful “mistake” whereby Hayden prefers to put them on backwards so he can have a certain “character” in the front because he likes that character (in the case of this particular pair of underwear the preferred character is 'Trix' from Bob the Builder).
It is quite amusing to me and Randy and we felt it necessary to document this interesting phenomenon – even if it is a bit creepy taking pictures of your child with the focus being their underwear and groin area.
What do y'all think? Do any of your children do this or is it just Hayden?
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
We had to come up with our responses independently without knowledge of what the other person was saying (I think it makes it much more interesting and accurate this way).
The reason I came up with this "game" was so that I could document Hayden and how we perceive him.
Furthermore, I often wonder how I was as a child. My mom tells me, but I question its veracity. I mean, it's been 25 years since I was Hayden's age... memory isn't all that great (at least mine isn't). So this "game" provides me with an accurate illustration of how we see Hayden.
The first time we did this back on June 5th of 2009, these were our responses:
My 5 Words: Happy, Energetic, Loving, Smart, Loud
Randy’s 5 Words: Funny, Spirited, Energetic, Adventurous, Sweet
The second time we did this on December 7th, 2009 our responses were:
My 5 Words: Smart, Energetic, Entertaining, Loving, Charming
Randy’s 5 Words: Amusing, Spastic, Cute, Candid, Charismatic
Here are our responses now:
My 5 Words to Describe Hayden
Randy’s 5 Words to Describe Hayden
Monday, June 21, 2010
Ian is now co-hosting the Monday Minute featuring a different co-host each week. Today’s co-host is Brittany from Not Your Average Teen.
The rules for the Monday Minute are simple – Copy the Questions, Answer Them, and Link Back to Ian’s Blog.
- Have you ever had any feelings towards one of your teachers back in the day? Nope. Never.
- What's the most embarrassing thing that happened while at work? (If you never worked then make something up) I can’t think of a darn thing and I don’t like making things up. So my answer is lame. Sorry!
- When was the last time you crapped yourself? Crapped myself? Seriously?!? That happens? I guess when I was a toddler.
- What is one thing you have always kept a secret and why have you kept this a secret for so long? If it’s a secret then it’s a secret and I’m not going to share it and tell “you” about it. I do have two things that the vast majority of people reading my blog don’t know about me, but I don’t really want to share those things right now. Maybe one day…
- What's your best advice for us habitual coffee drinkers as to not to have to poop right after drinking it? I wasn’t aware of this problem because I don’t drink coffee. I’ve never drank it. Maybe you should stay near a toilet when you drink it? Then the commode would be readily accessible.
Sunday, June 20, 2010
- While at the beach, pool, etc.. Do you cover up your ass(ets) or show them off? Cover them up. I am rather self-conscious and modest, so no boobies or booty are flashing about in my neck of the woods.
- Road trips or Plane trips? Hmmmm…. I like both. I like the far-away destinations a plane trip provides, but since having Hayden I have become a VERY anxious flyer (I’m afraid the plane is going to crash and whatnot). And road trips can be tiring and don’t get you as far – although I do like traveling via car to Jacksonville, Arkansas to visit my family. So suffice it to say, I like both. They each have their own merits and shortcomings – and I appreciate where both can get me.
- I can't stand it when...? I overeat, I disappoint people, I think I am disappointing people, I feel overwhelmed, Hayden is super crabby, and people are dishonest and cruel.
- Have you ever gone topless at the beach? That’s a definite negative. And it will never happen for a multitude of reasons.
- How many blog carnivals do you do a week? I am thinking a blog carnival is also a meme… right? If that is the case, then 3: Ian’s Monday Minute, The Girl Next Door Grows Up’s Feel Good Friday, and Keely’s Getting to Know YOU.
- My favorite thing about the weekend is...? Getting to spend more time with Randy and Hayden together as a family.
- Pancakes or waffles? Pancakes. Especially a strawberry or blueberry pancake. Yummy!!!
- Water Park or Amusement Park? Amusement Park. Being self-conscious in a bathing suit doesn’t lend itself to a water park. Also, since having Hayden I think I would be SUPER paranoid that he would drown or something at a water park. I think I’ll stick with amusement parks, thank you very much.
Well that's it. Have a fabulous day and head on over to Keely's blog if you want to participate!
Friday, June 18, 2010
- Hayden. He was such a trooper when I was sick this past week.
- Handy Manny, The Imagination Movers, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for providing hours (and yes I mean ‘hours’) of entertainment for Hayden while I was sick with a sour tummy.
- Animal crackers. They were the only thing I was able to eat when I was feeling funky and they tasted amazing!
- My mom. For our anniversary, my mom gave me and Randy a gift certificate to ‘Orange Mango’ (Orange Mango is a yummy yogurt place I have mentioned before, go here to check out the prior post about it). We went there Wednesday night and enjoyed some of her gift – it was SO yummy!
- Dinner last night with Randy at Ella's Restaurant at the Inn at Carnall Hall to celebrate our 7th Wedding Anniversary.
My thanks again to 'The Girl' and her meme. 'Feel Good Friday' is a great way to end the week!
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Tonight, Randy and I will be going out to dinner to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary (which was really this past Sunday).
Did anyone else see the episode of ‘The View’ this week with Kathy Griffin? The tension between her and Elisabeth Hasselbeck was palpable and made me feel SO uncomfortable. Here is a link to an article with more information regarding the “incident” (it also features a video of the interview).
I still haven’t been able to start therapy. I’m nearing the end of a process in which I had to set up a “single case agreement” with a therapist outside of my network. It has taken a while, but in the end it’s for the best. Each session will only cost me $10 (because they are treating this “out of network” provider as if she was “in network”). Anywho – I am eager to start chatting it up with the therapist.
After posting my “seven years” post which featured over a dozen pictures of me over the years, I was intrigued by the comments regarding my hair and its changes. It makes me wonder if there are specific hairstyles that are preferred (or despised)… anyone have any comments regarding this query? Here are the pictures again to remind you:
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
I just wanted to let you know that I have not disappeared and that I am - indeed - alive.
After feeling nauseous all day today (since 3am), I finally threw up (at least 4 times) at around 3pm. That made me feel a little better – although Hayden said that the “burp-like” noise scared him a bit (my bad Hayden).
Overall, Hayden has been a real trooper while I haven’t been feeling well. He has been watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, and Imagination Movers non-stop. I realize this isn’t quality child-rearing at its best; however, feeling nauseous and light-headed, I will admit to being desperate.
The only thing I ate today was a small bag of animal crackers. Delicious.
Anywho – I’m hoping I will feel better tomorrow. I make no promises though. I may not get another post posted until Thursday (or maybe even Friday).
Until then, wish me the best. I am off to take a bath. Randy said that I needed one and that I was looking “a little greasy.” Nice.
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Our marriage is even more fulfilling though. Like they say, the wedding is only one day - marriage is forever. And I'm glad that's true. I love you Randy.
Friday, June 11, 2010
Yesterday I had to go to a meeting, therefore Randy was dubbed PCG (Primary Care Giver).
After the meeting, I came home and the first thing Randy said was, “You are going to be mad. Hayden, show mommy what you did.”
Hayden then came over to me and lifted up his chin.
This is what I saw:Awesome.
Apparently, Hayden had taken a face-plant into a rug after "falling" or "tripping" over a piece of Randy’s electronic drum set (Randy tried to explain how it happened… it did not compute).
Needless to say, Hayden had an owie.
I asked Hayden if it hurt and he simply said, “It’s okay mommy… I’ll be okay.”
Well that’s good to know.
Then Randy said the most awesome line yet, “I thought he might have broken his neck when he fell. He landed right on his head.”
Well ‘thank you’ Randy. You have failed as PCG.
Just kidding. Accidents happen. I’m just thankful that it’s just a little carpet burn… no stitches, no broken neck, no broken bones. Like Hayden said, he’ll “be okay.”
Maybe that’s a silly ‘Feel Good Friday’ story but it works for me. And as you can see, he is doing just fine despite the nasty abrasion.