Generally my posts are positive in nature. I don’t vent much on here because a few of the people who know me (in “real life”) read my blog and then when they read about negative things in my life they ask me about it and I don’t want to talk about it and then it’s just a whole mess (that was a major run-on sentence).
Needless to say, I try and keep things copacetic on the blog and stick with neutral topics that won’t create too many inquisitions as to me, my issues, my mental health, etc.. (and this really only pertains to the concern that comes from the people I know in “real life”… talking online with my blog friends doesn't engender the same feelings that talking in person with my parents or my friends does… does that make sense?).
Anywho… here goes my blog post about the negative things and feelings I have been experiencing as of late:
- My broken camera – I think it is actually on its way home (thank goodness). I am hoping it is actually fixed. I’ll have to wait until it arrives before I’ll know.
- My period is SO late and is annoying me to no end (and no… I am NOT pregnant – my period is just really late). It has never been this late (I have posted before about my “fickle friend” – which you can read more about here and here). Usually, my cycle ranges in length from 28 to 55 days… currently I am on Cycle Day 59. Awesome. I have been keeping track of this junk for over 2 years and this is the longest it has ever been. Not impressed. Needless to say my hormones are driving my bananas!
- The air conditioner in our Addition broke – the treadmill I use to exercise is in our Addition. This has made for a very sweaty work-out experience.
- I have been very busy. With meetings, events, life, etc. When I am busy, I feel overwhelmed and stressed. It is just not good – and my calendar of events continues to be full for the near-future.
- I have not been eating well (meaning that I have been overeating). This is not good. It just adds to negative emotions and feelings and that’s not good at all.
- Hayden has been a bit challenging lately… very opinionated and bossy.
- Financially things aren't that great which means that we probably won’t get to build our “dream home” any time soon (if we ever get to build it at all – which according to my mom is reality: that we won’t ever get to build it), which means we may look into moving into a larger home or doing some remodeling work on our current home. I don’t like the not-knowing aspect of this – all the ambiguity stresses me out.
- My laptop is broken (and cannot be fixed). I am looking into getting another one, which is all well and good BUT costs money.
- Randy has been super stressed at work lately - which rubs off on me - and not in a good way.
Those are some of my gripes. Nothing terrible. No one is sick. No one is dying. I should be grateful for everything I have and not complain… BUT I just feel so worn out and drained.
I wish I could just “tap out” and take a breather. Forget about all of my responsibilities for just a little while. But that’s not reality and that’s not possible. I just have to suck it up and move on – easier said than done though.