Friday, March 26, 2010

feel good friday...!

It's Friday and time for The Girl Next Door Grows Up's meme - Feel Good Friday. Today I have chosen to write about something that happened this week that made me happy.

Here goes:

Yesterday, Hayden and I foolishly ventured out to Wal-Mart. Why foolishly you may ask…

Answer: Because as we left, it was VERY cloudy, lightly raining, and the forecast called for more rain. I figured it wouldn’t get worse - and it was only drizzling. I assumed we wouldn’t get caught in the rain. I was wrong.

So we go to Wal-Mart, do our shopping, and as we near the automatic doors to exit the building I realize that it is POURING. We are not talking about a little rain. Oh no. This is a full-out, drenching rain.

Great. So now I am pushing the cart as I run through/in the rain to my car. I get to the car and notice a “cart worker” nearby. He quickly approaches us and asks if he can help put my groceries in my car. I said, “yes.” So as I unfastened Hayden from the cart and placed him in his car seat, this kind, young man put my groceries in my car (and then took my cart back to the cart corral for me).

He did not have to do that. It was not his job to unload my groceries for me (in the rain). But he did. And that really made me smile. I truly appreciated his simple gesture of goodwill.

So thank you Wal-Mart “cart worker,” you made my “Feel Good Friday.”

My thanks again to 'The Girl' and her meme. Feeling good on Friday is a great way to end the week!

The Girl Next Door

14 comments:

  1. That made me smile too! What a simple kind gesture.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proof that there are good people in this world. Just not me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! If only everyone was this kind...what a difference it would make in the world! Enjoy your "feel good friday"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is really a great thing to feel good about!!!! Especially at walmart. Our walmart employees are not the friendliest.

    You should write a letter to the store. Maybe he will move up from Cart Guy to something better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it running into randomly nice people who go out of their way for you! Even something as simple as unloading your groceries - that was really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, a nice WalMart story! Those are hard to come by! ;) Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geez, we need these kind of cart workers at our Wal Marts. Around here, you're lucky if you make it through the parking lot without getting run over by the cart worker and all of his carts!

    Yay for nice people!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with the girl next door- you should write Wal-Mart a letter telling them about their experience. We have a "happy letter" board at work and I love it when I get a happy letter. People always appreciate it when you show gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a simple yet lovely and kind gesture :) happy friday !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so nice to hear stuff like that.
    I'm from FGF and glad of it. XD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's awesome. And I thought there were no nice workers at Walmart:)

    ReplyDelete