Tuesday, January 26, 2010

turning 3.

WARNING: This post is going to be loaded with pictures and family "junk" that some of you may or may not be interested in reading. Proceed with caution. You have been warned.

Saturday was Hayden's 3rd birthday; however, we began celebrating the occasion Friday at my parents' condo.

Here are some pictures.
These delicious cupcakes are from a local 'cupcake shop' (Bliss Cupcake Cafe). They were yummy! Hayden ate the one in the middle ( although in reality, he only ate the icing).
hayden with my dad. so silly. this was my favorite picture from the night.
Then Saturday morning we woke up and did our little family birthday with just the four of us (Randy, me, Hayden, and Alfie).Saturday afternoon we went to the UARK Ballroon for Hayden's birthday party. It was a blast! I think everyone had a great time. I'm not sure what we are going to do for his birthday next year, because this really was a great birthday party!
Hayden got shy during the singing of 'Happy Birthday' - this was the result.
my dad on Hayden's plasma car. priceless.
And last but not least, on Sunday evening we went over to Randy's mom and aunt's home and wrapped up Hayden's birthday celebration at their home.
Well, that's it. I think that wraps up all the birthday fun. I cannot believe Hayden is 3 now. It really didn't hit me until Saturday night when I realized that I no longer have a 2-year-old. To me, 3-years-old is bigger and very significant. Wow. That's all I have to say about that.

16 comments:

  1. I just love it when you get to have more than one party!!! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best part about these pics is how much your dad loves being a grandfather. You can tell how much he genuinely loves being a grandfather. Please tell him that a blogger friend of yours said that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing Grandpa on the little car! Hayden looks like he had a wonderful birthday! yay!!! The big 3!
    oh and the cupcakes look lovely and totally scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - Your dad on the little plasma car is hilarious!!!
    That looks like it was an awesome party :)
    Birthdays are a little tough for me. They grow up so much, and I still think they're my babies.
    I'm so happy he had a great birthday party - LOVE the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you for getting the award, and thanks so much for passing it on to me!!

    I love the pics. Looks like he had quite the day. He must have been pooped out after all of that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like so much fun!! Sorry I missed it. Tell Hayden Happy Birthday from me and Jesse.

    P.S. Did Randy have fun in the play big toy thing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow - a 3 day celebration. what a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHat a great post!!! I loved all the pictures. It looks like it was an amazingly awesome day. 3 year old nirvana for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awe that shy picture is so cute :)

    looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. IT WAS A GREAT DAY AND SO MUCH FUN FOR ALL THE LITTLE ONES.AND THE CUPCAKES WERE GREAT!! I AGREE I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU WILL DOFOR HIS 4TH BIRTHDAY BUT YOU WILL THINK OF SOMETHING GREAT!!
    GRAM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three is a big one! And it looks like his parties were a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow is right. It feels like his second birthday was just a few months ago.
    I like that all of the celebratory family posts feature a picture of Ted on one of Hayden's toys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are truly 'blissful' cupcakes! Hayden looks like he had great fun on his birthday day. So fun to enjoy each and every one of those years:) Watch out, those years go by pretty fast.

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete