Monday, January 25, 2010

hayden's height. a tradition.

Since Hayden was 1, we have been measuring and documenting his height by marking it on his armoire with a black Sharpie. We have done this every 6 months. I am thinking we will eventually do it annually, but so far we have had 4 measurements (at 1-year, 18-months, 2-years, and 2.5-years). This past weekend, marked our 5th measurement: 3-years-old.

Here they are.Another part of this process involves us taking pictures of us documenting his height.  Every time we mark his height, we take pictures while we do it.

Here are those pictures:
1-year-old18-months-old2-years-old2.5-years-old3-years-old
Some day, we will make a little photo album of these pictures (or something like that). I love doing these dorky little things. It makes me happy and I like to see how he has grown. Such a big little boy!

13 comments:

  1. Oh that is sweet! Do you scrapbook - I bet you would love it!

    We do that too, only on the garage wall, but Tyler worried that we would move, so we put it on a piece of wood, so that each girl could take it with them when they grew up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I love watching the kids grow. Amazing. And when they are at the docs getting measured they're like "whatchu doin to meh." Haha....so Cute;) Enjoy cause they grow too fast. My first is going to be eleven this summer....arrhghh...just to hold these babies again. No more for me though...the journey is magnificent;)Enjoy.

    And thank you for your kind words last week;) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES HE HAS GROWN !! SUCH A BIG BOY!! HAD SUCH A GOOD TIME AT HIS PARTY YOU ALL DID GOOD WHAT HAPPENS NIXT YEAR? I DONT KNOW HOW YOU CAN BEAT THIS ONE.ITS COLD HERE GOING TO THE STORE TALK TO YOU LATER.LOVE YOU ALL !!!
    GRAM

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the sweetest tradition! He is so precious. Don't you just love being Mommy to a little boy? I know I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to start doing this! Otherwise, they are going to be grown before I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww. it made me sad - to see how much he's grown. I can't handle G growing that fast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome. We do the same thing, sort of by taking the same picture against the same prop, etc throughout the year.

    Look at you with 5 followers away from 100! Let's see you hit 100 by Wed :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it. And seriously, he had that much hair at one year?!!? Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! As soon as the hubby and I get settled somewhere (we will be moving this summer) I want to try and do this. So nice to watch the little ones grow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey old Pal! I just wanted to come by and show you some love! Adorable pictures!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is the type of thing i love, but somehow always forget to do.

    your son is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, this was super duper uber cute!! Like seriously. What an awesome tradition. You rock! You should totally make a book out of these. Hayden will think it is so cool, even as a grownup.

    ReplyDelete