Wednesday, January 27, 2010

hayden's 3-year check-up.

Monday was Hayden’s 3-year check-up. It went pretty well considering that Hayden generally isn't a huge fan of the doctor.

In all, Hayden seems to be meeting all the “3-year” milestones.

I really didn't have any questions for the doctor, aside from wanting to know what his height and weight percentiles were.

Before the appointment, Randy and I bet on how much he would weigh as well as what percentile he would be in terms of height.

Weight:
I thought he would weigh 30lb and Randy guessed 32lb.

Answer: 30lb. (I was correct)(Note: Last year he weighed 25 lb. and was in the 25th Percentile)(he is still in the 25th Percentile for weight).

Height:
I thought he would be in the 17th Percentile for height and Randy guessed 5th Percentile for height.

Answer: 10th Percentile (Randy was correct)(Note: Last year he was 33” tall and was in the 25th Percentile)(this year Hayden is 3' tall - he has grown 3 inches).

Conclusion: We have a short, little man on our hands - which isn't a shocker. I am only 5’1” and although Randy is 5’9”, I bring our man “down” (literally).

Anywho, he is happy and healthy. And that is really all that matters.

12 comments:

  1. Randy is 5'9?? I always thought I was taller than him....weird.

    I hope the snow/sleet doesn't spoil our dinner plans on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgosh - Grayson is only a few pounds shy of Hayden.

    glad for happly and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling :) Colin's 31 pounds and he's 4 in June! I am 6 feet tall and the wife's 5'8 so who knows where it's coming from.

    That's ok, he can play wide receiver or kicker instead of the running back haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace is in the 15th percentile for height and weight. The doctor said she'll probably end up being my height.

    Graham is in the 85th for height and weight. He is heavier than Grace. The doctor said he'll likely be over 6'.

    Craziness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you. Sarah weighed 9.5 when she was born and has been shrinking ever since! She is 90% for height and 30% for weight!

    Her head was 90% too, but now is 75%. Good thing or the big head would tip her over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thus my theory of de-evolution. we are making it happen.

    -randall k.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for a healthy 3 year old!

    Bree has always been underweight, but taller than usual. Which is weird, because like you...I'm between 5 and 5'1 and my husband is 5'9.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO WHO NEEDS TO BE TALL ANYWAY?? LOOK AT ME NOT VERY BIG JUST IN WEIGHT!!SO GLAD THAT EVERYTHING WAS FINE. THATS ALL THAT COUNTS.IT LOOKS LIKE A BIG STORM COMING IN AND YOU WILL GET IT FIRST!! OH HOW I HATE ICE BUT I CAN JUST STAY IN AND THAT IS FINE WITH ME YOU CAN GO OUT AND MAKE A SNOW MAN FOR HAYDEN!!
    GRAM

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is always a relief to get good reports at check ups! I know I obsess about them and take in a list of questions. I think it embarasses my hubs some. It does make ya feel blessed when the doc confirms that your kiddo is healthy and right where they should be! Yay Hayden:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good news!! He is a healthy little man and that's what matters.

    My little man is 3 and is 40lb. I don't remember how tall they said he was, but he is tall! I am 5'2" and Hubby is 6'2". He is taking after his Daddy! He isn't fat just big. He is in a size 11 shoe now! He will be bigger than me by age 9. I just know it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's great that he is healthy...my Peanut is a little one too. 17th percentile for weight and 25th for height. Good things come in small packages!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad he is healthy and his dr appointment went well. I bet he will sprout up later on, my husband who is 6'4 was never a tall kid growing up but once puberty hit he sprouted big time. I read that men don't stop growing until their early 20's. No matter anyway, Hayden will always be such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete