Friday, January 22, 2010

feel good friday...

It's that time again. It's Friday which means it's time for The Girl Next Door Grows Up's meme "Feel Good Friday."
This week I have - again - elected to list 5 things that made me happy this week. Here goes:
  1. A visit with my friend Dory before she returned to Italy.
  2. Dinner with our friends Sage and Naomi.
  3. Hayden had his first gymnastics class and it went well (meaning that he said he wanted to do it again... I count that as a success).
  4. While shopping at our local grocery store yesterday, the owner/manager gave Hayden a free cookie for his birthday. It was an iced cookie loaded with frosting (not just a regular cookie). It made Hayden SO happy, and the gesture was definitely appreciated by me too.
  5. Spending some quality time with Aflie (our dog). He was very needy this week and wanted to spend a lot of time sitting in my lap. I liked it. He can be quite the lap dog on occasion.

That's it. This next week will be full of lots of great stuff as Hayden celebrates his 3rd birthday and Randy and I celebrate our "Engagement Anniversary" (more to come on these two events later).

And - again - my thanks to 'The Girl' and her meme. I hope everyone has a fabulous, happy Friday!

11 comments:

  1. You are awesome! Thanks again.

    I can't wait to hear about Hayden's Birthday.

    3 is such a BIG age, I think. No more "baby." Sarah will be 3 in July :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday! And yes, three is a very big age. Colin's personality started blossoming even more at three.

    Can't wait to read about the birthday and anniv in the coming week.

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday to you! What a nice way to post on a Friday. It is always refreshing to read about what people are happy about and thankful for!
    lovely post:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Friday post!
    Have a great coming week with the big birthday!
    ***Ally

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was very sweet of the manager to give him a cookie. Happy Birthday to your little man and Happy Engagement Anniversary to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Melissa - here's another reason to celebrate Friday...I created another blog post for today and I think you might enjoy it!

    http://thedailydoseofreality.blogspot.com/2010/01/golden-ddor-globes.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a pretty great week! How exciting to be celebrating your little guy's 3rd Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hayden must be getting super excited! Three years old-he's such a big boy now:)

    Have a great weekend!
    ~Monique

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for fun stuff! We had a great time with you guys the other night. Have fun this weekend with Hayden's birthday stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hayden and the cookie...too cute!!! I hope he has a wonderful birthday and happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwee. That's nice. The cookie one made my heart melt :)

    ReplyDelete