Another suggested blog post, also recommended by my sister Mary, was to discuss our living situation and whether or not we plan on moving, adding on, etc..
So… here goes.
As previously mentioned several times, we have architectural plans for our dream home.
We worked very hard on these plans. It is our dream. Currently, our dream is unrealistic and unattainable. In all honestly, it may never be obtainable. We hope so, but times are hard and this dream home is not cheap (to say the least).
So Randy and I have been struggling with what to do. We are comfortable where we are; however, having another child in our home could be tight. Our home is a two-bedroom Craftsman. There is a bedroom in the addition, but the addition is a separate building - not appropriate for a child to live in.
We started casually looking at homes and found an amazing home. It was modern and it was amazing. It is a little farther than we would like to live, but not too far. We talked about it. We toured the house with our real estate agent twice (once with my mom). We talked some more. We made the decision to not buy the house. Furthermore, we made the executive decision to stay in our current home until we are able to build our dream home.
We came to the conclusion that we can’t compromise on our dream. We can’t let it die. Assuming we have another child while we are living in our current home (which is definitely a possibility), we have decided that we will convert our current dining room into a bedroom. A little unconventional, but it will work. When we want to sell the home we will convert it back to a dining room (it will be converted to a bedroom in such a way that it can be easily converted back to its former, more practical purpose).
So that is our plan. Stay where we are until we are able to build the dream: to make our dream a reality.
Hopefully that is something that is truly possible. Only time will tell.