Tuesday evening, my mom, Randy, Dave, and I went to the Walton Arts Center to ‘An Evening with David Sedaris’.
First we went to Bordinos and had a fabulous dinner. Here are two pictures from the restaurant:So after dinner, we went to the show. It was HILARIOUS!!! We were in the front row. I kid you not. We were seriously in the front row.
Quick FYI for those who don’t know who David Sedaris is: he is an NPR Humorist and Best-Selling Author… he is a funny, witty, sarcastic, unapologetic humor writer. He is awesome.
So the show… it was very enjoyable. I actually took notes and wrote down a few of the phrases that I found particularly amusing.
Here they are…
- “Here I am hungry as can be and my daughter calls me from the ‘Golden Corral’”
- Thought regarding a spoiled only child: “You’re a dime a dozen, I can have another one, so shut up”
- To her paraplegic sister (who also happens to be her husband’s ex-wife): “I don’t think it will kill you to climb up a ½ dozen steps”
- “I oftentimes call him shadow, not because he is black – but then he is – but because they are always together”
- “How can you not want to stand in judgment of your fellow man?”
- Common Acronym… Everyone will know what it means: “A.S.S.H.O.L.E.: Another Savvy Senior Hopes Obama Loses Everything”
- “I’d like a Jesus so fat that he would break the first cross”
- “Comb-over Jesus with acne on his shoulders, fur-covered man titties”
Now reading these, you might not laugh or find them particularly amusing… you may be highly offended. But in person, in context… HILARIOUS!!!
David Sedaris rocks!