Wednesday, September 2, 2009

going on my trip.

Today, Randy and I leave for our St. Louis trip (courtesy of my parents and my birthday presents) (note: my parents will be watching Hayden while we are out of town).

We will be staying 2 nights at The Westin St. Louis. Tonight we are going to a Cardinals game (which will be something new for me. I have never been to a professional Baseball game). I think I will have a hot dog!

As for the blink-182 concert that we were supposed to go to... well, thanks to DJ AM and his death, the concert is cancelled... And although the concert was rescheduled, it was rescheduled for Tuesday, September 29th and we can't go. So hopefully my mom will be able to get a refund.

So I'm honestly not sure what we are going to do tomorrow. I am definitely bummed (to say the least) but hopefully Randy and I will find something else fun to do. Maybe go to a nice dinner? We thought about Six Flags but apparently they are closed. Again... awesome.

After our St. Louis adventure, we will be heading to Little Rock for the Razorback Football game… GO HOGS! Hayden and I will not be attending the game, but Randy will. It should be fun. Again, GO HOGS!!! WOOOO PIG SOOOIEEE!!!!

(In addition, on our way from St. Louis to Little Rock, Randy is planning on us taking a little side-trek to Perryville, Missouri to check out some pre-fab homes… something Randy is very interested in.)

We will venture home to Fayetteville Sunday afternoon and celebrate Labor Day with Randy’s family (although Hayden and I also plan on having a much needed playdate Monday morning).

So, those are our plans for the next few days. I have a few blog posts lined up for you to peruse and hopefully enjoy in my absence… and upon my return, I will be sure to post at least one post documenting our St. Louis adventure and possibly even the Little Rock adventure as well!

4 comments:

  1. That sucks! I hate that for you! Is the concert cancelled so they can like to go the funeral or was he in the show? Wierd.

    It turns out I'm not having many houseguests this weekend- just Laura and Matt. If you and Randy want to join us, please come on down! I think Clark and Matt may play golf Saturday- Randy may like to join. Laura and I are venturing to LR to go look at wedding dresses. You could have some alone time Saturday. Think about it...

    Have a good time this weekend- try to be adventerous. I visited the Budweiser factory in St. Louis and had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if the concert might be cancelled because of DJ AM's death. Too bad you guys won't be able to go to it later on -- that stinks. But I hope you have fun anyways!! Have a great time at the Cardinals game!! I'm sure you'll find lots of cool things to do in St. Louis.

    I LOOOOOOOVE pre-fab homes!!!!!! I first discovered that website a few years back and have been drooling with envy over it. Love them. Ohhh please take pictures!! Let us know how you like them! :) I'm a bit excited about this part of your trip, haha.

    All of your time away sounds fabulous, hope you have a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR CONCERT THATS A BUMMER! YOU WILL FIND SOMETHIN G ELSE TO DO AND HAVE A GOOD TIME WHAT EVER IS ITHAVE MORE THEN A HOT DOG AT THE GAME!! SEE YOU SOON!
    GRAM

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about the cancelled show! What a bummer. Try to have fun though...can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete