Wednesday, May 7, 2008

yet another day of random ramblings...

I have more random ramblings today… I think that a lot of my life these days is composed of random ramblings (maybe life always is)… anywho, here are the ramblings of today:
  • Hayden got a haircut yesterday. It was a disaster (not the actual haircut, just the experience). Hayden cried the whole time… very unpleasant to say the least. This was not his first haircut… it was probably his 6th or 7th, and he has had his haircut at this particular location before (and although he was rather squirmy during all of those appointments, he did not cry or scream)… so, I was quite surprised at this sudden change in behavior. My thanks goes out to Allison (the hairstylist) for putting up with his theatrics… and I apologize to all of those individuals at Studio 8 (the hair salon) yesterday from 4:30 pm – 5:00 pm. I am sure it was not what you were expecting when you went in for your cut, color, or styling (to say the least).
  • Today was a big day for our family! We put in an offer on a piece of property where we are hoping to build our “dream home” one day… it is on Anson Street in Fayetteville. We should hear back by tomorrow at noon whether or not our offer was accepted… wish us luck!
  • I am now a member of the ‘Junior League of Northwest Arkansas’… at first, I thought of this organization as an elitist group of rich women (not very open-minded of me...naughty Melissa)… and although some of the women might fit into that narrow-minded description, certainly not all of them do (and I certainly don’t!)… so why did I join? For three main reasons (1) because I want to get more involved in volunteering (2) because I want to have some semblance of a life outside of the home and my life as a “mommy”, and (3) because I want to meet other women and increase my level of socialization with them. Hopefully, this will prove to be a great experience.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting that you offered on property! Good luck! About the anniversary trip...we figure we will need a break from the baby by then and have made way in advance arrangements for my parents to keep her. I need vacations so thinking about it in the future is how I stay sane! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your random ramblings . . . I hope I'm commenting at a "good" time! Have you tried black-out curtains for Hayden's room? Summer is so tough for that.
    I can so relate to your haircut story. Christopher threw the biggest tantrum at his 2nd haircut when he was about Hayden's age. I've never seen anything like it, and a woman in the salon getting a manicure kept giving me looks of death, which did not help. The next time, we went with Daddy, and watched Daddy get his hair cut like a big boy, and then Daddy got a cookie. Then we sat Christopher in the chair and handed him cookies through the whole thing. I'm proud to say he is now very good at getting his hair cut, even without cookies! :)
    Oh yeah, thanks for blogrolling me! I feel so special!

    ReplyDelete